Take your next offset print project to new heights when you harness the power of UV printing for extraordinary, eye-catching prints. The UV printing process uses ultraviolet light during the curing stage. Instead of using traditional offset inks, which are solvent-based and dry through slower evaporation, UV printing uses specialized inks that are formulated to dry almost instantly under UV light. The result? Brighter, sharper, and more vibrant images.
Here are just a few of the benefits of using UV printing:
- Sheets come off the press dry and ready for handling in the bindery.
- The molecular bond created between UV ink and paper is strong, durable, and super-resistant to scuffing and scratching.
- Since sheets come off the press dry, you eliminate ink dryback issues – which can be a visual difference-maker, especially when printing on uncoated papers.
- You can print on paper and a whole collection of other substrates like plastic, foils, and metallic finishes, with thicknesses up to 32 points.
- UV inks and coatings offer plenty of design flexibility thanks to gloss, matte, soft-touch, or other tactile coatings – available for spot coatings or overall.
At World Press, we’re always on the cutting edge of print technology. Our 5-unit Komori H-UV press allows us to produce high-quality prints on a wide range of substrates, perfect for bringing your creative vision to life.
Ready to take the next step in your brand journey? Contact us to learn more.